Traditional Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces/ Colored braces are the best option for aligning your smile and improving dental health. While it may not be the quickest method or the most cutting-edge on advanced technology, it has made advances in recent years. The typical “traditional” treatment is not the same as it was 10, or even 5, years ago. While some of the experiences may be similar, the materials are now stronger and more resilient to standard wear and tear.
METAL BRACES – TRIED & TRUE
While there are highly advanced orthodontic treatments that give you faster treatment, nearly invisible treatment, and maintenance-free treatment, there is a reason that traditional metal braces are still around. Their process for aligning your smile and your bite are still incredibly effective. When discreet treatment isn’t a necessity, traditional metal braces are still a highly-reliable treatment option for straight teeth.
MIX & MATCH WITH METAL BRACES(COLORED BRACES)
Colored-bands are now stronger and stain-resistant. So whether you want to sport your favorite color, show school pride, or represent your favorite sports team, you will get a fun, new look every time you get an adjustment!
METAL BRACES VS CERAMIC BRACES: WHICH IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
When it’s time to straighten your teeth, you’ll find there are many options available from your orthodontist. The most common options is braces, but even then, there are still many kinds of braces. Two of the most popular options of braces are metal braces and ceramic braces. Both of these types of braces have pros and cons, so it is important to understand the difference when working with your orthodontist on a treatment plan. Here are the pros and cons of both metal and ceramic braces.
Metal braces are what everyone typically thinks of when they think of braces. They are metal brackets made of high-grade stainless steel that is attached to the teeth and usually held into place with elastic bands. Though they are still as obvious as ever, new developments in metal braces have made them more comfortable, easier to clean, and faster than ever. Here are the pros and cons of metal braces.
- The most cost-effective option of all tooth straightening treatments
- They are the strongest type of braces and harder to damage, so you don’t have to be so careful about what you eat
- The bands come in a variety of colors to help you express your personality
- They are unattractive and can make the wearer feel less confident
- They can irritate the gums
Ceramic braces, also known as “clear braces,” and are made of a ceramic material that mimics the color of your teeth. They are the same size, shape, and set up as metal braces, but their clear color makes their appearance less noticeable. With ceramic braces, you will also have clear wires and clear bands to help reduce the appearance.
- Much less noticeable than metal braces because they blend into the tooth color
- They are less painful and irritating than other options
- The wearer tends to feel more confident in ceramic braces than metal braces
- Ceramic braces are more fragile than metal, so the treatment may take longer
- The brackets stain easily which means you will be more restricted by what you eat and drink and have to be more diligent about cleaning
Both metal and ceramic braces have advantages and disadvantages, so deciding which option is right for you really depends on your needs. At Aspen orthodontics, we will help you go through all your treatments options to help you decide what type of teeth straightening option is best for you.